Sydney Thunder crumbled in remarkable style during a BBL clash against Adelaide Strikers in Sydney on Friday. They were bundled out for a paltry 15 in 5.5 overs, recording the lowest score ever seen in a men’s professional T20 cricket match.
Five Thunder batters, including England star Alex Hales, got out without troubling the scorers as Henry Thornton and Wes Agar run riot at the Sydney Showground Stadium.
Earlier, experienced batter Chris Lynn (36) and former New Zealand international Colin de Grandhomme (33) guided Strikers to a competitive total of 139 in their allotted 20 overs. Fazalhaq Farooqi bagged three wickets while Daniel Sams, Gurinder Sandhu and Brendan Doggett chipped in with two scalps each.
Thunder’s batting performance was worse than that of Turkey, who were bowled out for 21 by Czech Republic in 2019, as they folded in staggering fashion during their run chase, losing the contest by 124 runs.
Final score from an extremely disappointed Sydney Showground Stadium. pic.twitter.com/uGjg9Ivddc
— Sydney Thunder (@ThunderBBL) December 16, 2022
Brief scores: Adelaide Strikers 139.9 in 20 overs (Chris Lynn 36; Fazalhaq Farooqi 3/20) beat Sydney Thunder 15 in 5.5 overs (Henry Thornton 5/3, Wes Agar 4/6) by 124 runs.
Ten lowest totals in men’s T20 cricket:
- Sydney Thunder – 15 vs Adelaide Strikers in Sydney, 2022
- Turkey – 21 vs Czech Republic in Ilfov County, 2019
- Lesotho – 26 vs Uganda in Kigali, 2021
- Turkey – 28 vs Luxembourg in Ilfov County, 2019
- Thailand – 30 vs Malaysia in Bangi, 2022
- Mali – 30 vs Rwanda in Kigali, 2022
- Tripura – 30 vs Jharkhand in Dhanbad, 2009
- Mali – 30 vs Kenya in Kigali, 2022
- Turkey – 32 vs Austria in Ilfov County, 2019
- Finland – 33 vs Denmark in Brondby, 2022
#lowest #totals #mens #team #T20 #cricket