On Friday, Cricket West Indies (CWI) announced a jam-packed home schedule for the 2021 season. The Windies will host South Africa, Australia, and Pakistan visits and shall play four Tests, three One-Day Internationals (ODIs) and 15 T20 Internationals (T20Is) from June 10 to August 24.
Eyeing the upcoming T20 World Cup, which is currently scheduled to be held in India in October-November 2021, the majority of games are T20Is. The attention given to the shortest format can be understood with the fact that the series against Pakistan had three Tests and as many T20Is, but CWI and Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) mutually decided to replace one Tests with two additional T20I games.
West Indies will start their summer against South Africa with two Tests in St Lucia followed by five T20Is in Grenada. This will be Proteas’ first bilateral tour of the Caribbean since 2010.
The series against the rainbow nation will be followed by white-ball fixtures versus Australia. The Aussies are expected to play five T20Is in St Lucia and three ODIs in Barbados. Similarly, the hosts will face Pakistan in five T20Is in Barbados, followed by two Tests in Jamaica.
“Following the successful hosting of the all-format series against Sri Lanka earlier this year, we are delighted to announce that we are set to welcome South Africa, Australia and Pakistan to the West Indies,” said CWI CEO Johnny Grave as quoted by Cricbuzz.
“We must thank the visiting teams for agreeing to travel at this challenging period for world cricket, and we are especially grateful to our regional Governments who are playing such a vital role in partnering with CWI to ensure that International cricket can be hosted safely”, he added.
Fixtures of West Indies men’s team for the 2021 home season:
vs South Africa
- 1st Test – June 10-14, Daren Sammy Stadium, St Lucia
- 2nd Test – June 18-22, Daren Sammy Stadium, St Lucia
- 1st T201 – June 26, Grenada National Cricket Stadium
- 2nd T20I – June 27, Grenada National Cricket Stadium
- 3rd T20I – June 29, Grenada National Cricket Stadium
- 4th T20I – July 1, Grenada National Cricket Stadium
- 5th T20I – July 3, Grenada National Cricket Stadium
- 1st T20I – July 9, Daren Sammy Stadium, St Lucia
- 2nd T20I – July 10, Daren Sammy Stadium, St Lucia
- 3rd T20I – July 12, Daren Sammy Stadium, St Lucia
- 4th T20 – July 14, Daren Sammy Stadium, St Lucia
- 5th T20I – July 16, Daren Sammy Stadium, St Lucia
- 1st ODI – July 20, Kensington Oval, Barbados
- 2nd ODI – July 22, Kensington Oval, Barbados
- 3rd ODI – July 24, Kensington Oval, Barbados
- 1st T20I – July 27, Kensington Oval, Barbados
- 2nd T20I – July 28, Kensington Oval, Barbados
- 3rd T20I – July 31, Guyana National Stadium
- 4th T20 – August 1, Guyana National Stadium
- 5th T20I – August 3, Guyana National Stadium
- 1st Test – August 12-16, Sabina Park, Jamaica
- 2nd Test – August 20-24, Sabina Park, Jamaica
#CWI #announces #home #season #details #South #Africa #Australia #Pakistan #tour #West #Indies