India tour of Sri Lanka 2021 which was scheduled to start from July 13 has now been postponed due to positive Covid-19 cases in the the home team set-up.
Sri Lanka’s batting coach Grant Flower and data analyst GT Niroshan have tested positive for the novel coronavirus after their return from the United Kingdom, forcing Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC) to extend the mandatory quarantine period from the stipulated three days to one week.
“Yes, the series will now start from 17th of July instead of 13th. The decision was taken in consultation with SLC keeping the safety and security of players in mind,” a senior BCCI official was quoted as saying to PTI.
The SLC has kept two separate groups of players in bio-bubbles – in Colombo and Dambulla – so that a new team can be formed if needed.
On the other hand, the Indian team led by Shikhar Dhawan and coached by Rahul Dravid have completed their mandatory quarantine period in Colombo. They are now preparing for the limited-overs series by playing intra-squad games in the city.
Sri Lanka vs India 2021 fixtures:
- First ODI: July 17 at R Premadasa Stadium in Colombo (9:00 am GMT)
- Second ODI: July 19 at R Premadasa Stadium in Colombo (9:00 am GMT)
- Third ODI: July 21 at R Premadasa Stadium in Colombo (9:00 am GMT)
- First T20I: July 24 at R Premadasa Stadium in Colombo (1:30 pm GMT)
- Second T20I: July 25 at R Premadasa Stadium in Colombo (1:30 pm GMT)
- Third T20I: July 27 at R Premadasa Stadium in Colombo (1:30 pm GMT)
#Heres #revised #schedule #Indias #tour #Sri #Lanka