New Zealand speedster Trent Boult and White Ferns skipper Sophie Devine won the ‘T20 International Player of the Year’ in the recently announced New Zealand Cricket Awards 2022. The awards were being delivered virtually over three days.
Boult was awarded for his scintillating performance at the T20 World Cup 2021 in UAE, where New Zealand made it to the final. The 32-year old had taken 13 wickets in the tournament and played a vital role in the Black Caps journey to the finals.
“It means a lot. T20 is a format I really enjoy and one I’m constantly trying to adapt my game to in order to become a better bowler. It’s something very special to win this award, and I feel really grateful to receive it,” said Boult, who is currently representing Rajasthan Royals (RR) in the ongoing Indian Premier League (IPL) 2022.
Similarly, Devine bagged her second International Women’s T20 Player of the Year award in two years. She scored 118 runs in four outings at an average of 29.50 with an overall strike rate of 113.46 with a top score of 50 against England in Hove.
NZC Awards 2022:
- International Women’s T20 Player of the Year: Sophie Devine (Wellington Blaze)
- International Men’s T20 Player of the Year: Trent Boult (Northern Brave)
- Women’s Super Smash Player of the Year: Amelia Kerr (Wellington Blaze)
- Men’s Super Smash Player of the Year: Michael Bracewell (Wellington Firebirds)
- Fan Moment of the Summer: Ross Taylor’s final wicket in his last Test
- International Women’s ODI Player of the Year: Amelia Kerr (Wellington Blaze).
- International Men’s ODI Player of the Year: Will Young (Central Stags).
- Redpath Cup for first-class batting: Devon Conway (Wellington Firebirds).
- Ruth Martin Cup for women’s domestic batting: Suzie Bates (Otago Sparks).
- Winsor Cup for first-class bowling: Tim Southee (Northern Districts).
- Phyl Blackler Cup for women’s domestic bowling: Eden Carson (Otago Sparks).
- New Zealand Umpire of the Year: Chris Gaffaney.
- Young Player of the Year: Fran Jonas (Auckland Cricket)
- Player of the Year: Jacob Cumming (Otago Cricket)
- Club of the Year: Pleasant Point Cricket Club (South Canterbury)
- Volunteer of the Year: Jeremy Dean (Eastern Suburbs & Wellington Wanders)
- Community Cricket Activator of the Year: Frances Stewart (Cricket Wellington)
- Official of the Year: Brendon Davies (Northern Districts)
- Best Female Engagement Initiative: Young Leaders (Cricket Wellington)
- Outstanding Contribution and Services to Coaching: Maria Lankeshwar (nee Fahey) (Sydenham Cricket Club)
- Outstanding Contribution to Cricket: Anthony de Joux (Celtic Cricket Club)
- Best Diversity and Inclusion Initiative: Counties Manukau Premier League (Counties Manukau)
- Community Cricket Collaboration Initiative of the Year: Canterbury Cricket
- Sir Jack Newman: Gerard Finnie (Otago Cricket)
Share with a Cricket fan!
Read Next Article
↓↓ Scroll down ↓↓
CATEGORY: Trent Boult
For latest cricket news and updates, subscribe to our Daily Newsletter.
#Zealand #Cricket #Awards #Trent #Boult #Sophie #Devine #sweep #top #honours