Cricket fans around the world are eagerly awaiting the second edition of the SA20 competition, and the excitement is building as the auction for this thrilling tournament is set to take place on Wednesday (September 27) in Johannesburg.
The SA20 2024 tournament is scheduled to kick off on January 10, 2024. While teams have already revealed their pre-signed players, the auction is where they will vie to complete their squads for the upcoming season. Sunrisers Eastern Cape clinched the inaugural edition of SA20 earlier this year, defeating Pretoria Capitals in a thrilling final.
SA20 2024 auction rules:
- Each team is allowed to have 19 players in their squad.
- The squad composition must include a minimum of 10 South African players.
- A maximum of seven overseas players are allowed.
- Each team can have one wildcard player whose fee is excluded from the salary cap, which stands at R39.1 million per team.
- Teams can also include one rookie player, defined as a South African player aged 22 or younger on the day of the auction and who has not previously played in the SA20 league.
- A total of 257 players have registered for the auction, competing for just 21 available slots, ensuring fierce competition.
- The previous edition saw Tristan Stubbs become the most expensive player, acquired by the Sunrisers Eastern Cape for R9.2 million.
Also READ: Top 5 team totals in T20 internationals: Nepal scripts history against Mongolia
Remaining purse for all six teams:
As the auction unfolds, teams will be strategically filling their squads within their allocated budgets. Let’s have a look at the remaining purse for each of the six SA20 2024 teams:
- Pretoria Capitals: 8 slots left with a purse of $0.577 million.
- Joburg Super Kings: 5 slots left with $0.363 million to spend.
- MI Cape Town: $0.331 million for 5 slots.
- Paarl Royals: $0.525 million to fill 4 slots.
- Sunrisers Eastern Cape: $0.109 million for 4 slots.
- Durban’s Super Giants: $0.102 million to fill 2 slots.
SA20 2024: TV Channels and Live Streaming Details:
- India: JioCinema
- South Africa: Super Sport
- Australia: Foxtel App
- Other nations: SA20 YouTube channel
Also READ: From Yuvraj Singh to Dipendra Singh Airee – Top 5 fastest fifties in T20I history
#SA20 #Auction #Rules #Remaining #Purse #watch #India #Australia #South #Africa #countries