Team India will start their jam-packed home season for 2021-22 with a three-match T20I series against New Zealand on November 17 in Jaipur. This series will be a new beginning, following Virat Kohli’s decision to withdraw from T20I captaincy after the T20 World Cup, which ends on November 14.
The T20I leg will be followed by two Test matches against the Kiwis in Kanpur and Mumbai. Notably, this will be New Zealand’s first Test tour of India since 2016.
After the New Zealand series, India will travel to South Africa for a full tour (December 17 – January 26) and then return home to host West Indies for the white-ball fixtures, starting February 06 in Ahmedabad.
After Windies, Sri Lanka will also visit India to play two Test matches in Bengaluru and Mohali, followed by a three-match T20I series in Mohali, Dharamshala and Lucknow.
In mid-2022, right after the Indian Premier League (IPL), India will host South Africa for a five-match T20I series. This will come in handy as a preparation for the T20 World Cup later in the year in Australia.
Here are the complete fixtures:
New Zealand tour of India (2021):
- 1st T20I– November 17, Jaipur
- 2nd T20I– November 19, Ranchi
- 3rd T20I– November 21, Kolkata
- 1st Test– November 25-29, Kanpur
- 2nd Test– December 03-07, Mumbai
West Indies tour of India (2022):
- 1st ODI– February 06, Ahmedabad
- 2nd ODI– February 09, Jaipur
- 3rd ODI– February 12, Kolkata
- 1st T20I– February 15, Cuttack
- 2nd T20I– February 18, Visakhapatnam
- 3rd T20I– February 20, Trivandrum
Sri Lanka tour of India (2022):
- 1st Test– February 25-01 March, Bengaluru
- 2nd Test– March 05-09, Mohali
- 1st T20I– March 13, Mohali
- 2nd T20I– March 15, Dharamshala
- 3rd T20I– March 18, Lucknow
South Africa tour of India (2022):
- 1st T20I– June 09, Chennai
- 2nd T20I– June 12, Bangalore
- 3rd T20I– June 14, Nagpur
- 4th T20I– June 15, Rajkot
- 5th T20I– June 19, Delhi
#Team #Indias #home #season #schedule #Zealand #West #Indies #Sri #Lanka #South #Africa #tour