Once again, the Indian Premier League (IPL) 2023 has been disrupted by rain as the final match between Chennai Super Kings (CSK) and Gujarat Titans (GT) in Ahmedabad is postponed due to heavy downpours. The toss is also delayed because of the inclement weather, leaving fans from both teams eagerly anticipating the eventual start of the game.
Notably, when the two teams faced each other recently in Qualifier 1, MS Dhoni’s men emerged triumphant comfortably. The defending champions are determined to hold onto the trophy they won last year, while the Super Kings have their sights set on clinching their fifth IPL title.
Ahmedabad weather update
Fans in Ahmedabad have a slight cause for concern as there is a 49 percent likelihood of precipitation, according to Accuweather’s forecast. The forecast also indicates the possibility of mild thunderstorms in the city over the next few hours.
In case the rain doesn’t stop
- To determine the winner of the match in question, the respective teams will engage in a Super Over, and if needed, additional Super Overs will be played.
- As per the rules, the deadline for a full 20-over match is 10:10 PM IST. If it’s not possible to start a 5-over-per-side game by 12:26 PM, then a Super Over must begin by 12:50 AM.
- If the match commences today but remains incomplete, it will resume tomorrow from the exact point where it was halted.
Is there a Reserve Day for the IPL 2023 final?
If the weather conditions do not allow for a Super Over tonight, there is a reserve day in place for the IPL 2023 final on Monday.
What if conditions do not permit for a Super Over?
- If the Super Over or subsequent Super Overs don’t take place within the allotted time to determine the result, then the team that finished with a higher position in the League table will be declared the winner.
- In this match, if circumstances prevent the happening of any Super Over on both days, the Titans will emerge as the title winners due to their higher position in the table.
#IPL #crowned #champions #CSK #final #washed #due #rain #Details